- WhenThursday, December 18, 09:00 AM
USC Health Science Campus (HSC), 1540 Alcazar Street, Room CHP 224, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Opening Remarks by Dr. Jay R. Lieberman, MD
Dr. Lieberman is professor and chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Keck School of Medicine of USC and director of the Institute of Orthopaedics at the Keck Medical Center of USC. He is internationally recognized for his expertise in primary and revision total hip and knee replacement and treatment of osteonecrosis (bone death) of the hip and knee.
Keynote Remarks by Dr. Aenor Sawyer, MD
As an Assistant Clinical Professor in the UCSF Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr Sawyer combines her interest in innovation with her clinical expertise in Orthopaedics, Physical Therapy, and Exercise Physiology to provide comprehensive musculoskeletal care. She is Director of the UCSF Skeletal Health Service and Director of the Pediatric Bone Health Consortium, helping Pediatric to Geriatric patients optimize their bone health across their lifespans.
Creative bridge building by Professor Jill L. McNitt-Gray, PhD
Professor McNitt-Gray teaches in the Departments of Biological Sciences and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Southern California. She is also the Director of the USC Biomechanics Research Laboratory and was the founding director of a cross-cutting interdisciplinary graduate program in biological sciences at USC.
To attend this workshop, please email Nadine Afari firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat.
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Explore orthopaedic innovations to advance the care of the orthopedic surgery and musculoskeletal care.
- Discuss solutions in patient and clinician experience including preparation and recovery process following surgery.
This workshop will include:
- Student presentations
- Orthopaedic faculty input
- Collaborative exercises between faculty and students aimed to launch ongoing projects
- Keynote speaker (Dr. Aenor Sawyer, UCSF Departments of Orthopedics and Digital Health Innovation)
Organizers: Health, Technology & Engineering Program HTE@USC, Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute SC CTSI, USC Coulter Translational Research Partnership Program, Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal care at the Keck Medical Center of USC.