- WhenThursday, February 15, 12:00 AM
Apply for an SC CTSI Pilot Award of up to $40,000
SC CTSI is seeking applications for pilot research projects up to $40,000 each from individual investigators or small research teams in two areas – clinical and community research and improving research methods and processes.
Clinical and Community Research
- To support preliminary research that will lead to larger extramurally-funded human mechanistic studies, clinical trials, community trials, health outcomes research, or implememtatino research.
- To support pre-existing research in the above referenced areas by incorporating a different discipline and investigator who is new to collaboration with the current team. The award may be used to leverage data and resources from a currently funded project to expand the research in a new direction, ultimately leading to the submission of an additional grant or expansion of the current effort to a larger-scale extramurally-funded project.
Improving Research Methods and Processes
- To support the development and testing of new approaches or tools that increase the speed, efficiency, safety, or quality of clinical, community, health outcomes or implementation research. Successful applicants will define challenges or barriers in the conduct of research and propose development of solutions that can be tested within the pilot project and/or with subsequent extramural funding.
These pilot awards are not intended to fund basic or preclinical research, and funding is available for faculty only.
- Application Portal Opens January 2nd, 2018 (Link TBA)
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2018, 11:59 PM PST
- Final Selection: May 2018
- Submission of regulatory approvals to USC and NIH: May 2018
- Funding Initiated: July 1, 2018
Learn more at sc-ctsi.org/funding