Resource for Integrating Community Voices into a Research Study
More and more, grant funders are requesting researchers to ensure that they have worked with or plan to integrate the community into their research proposal. One approach to this is to develop a community advisory board (CAB) who can provide feedback into all aspects of your research study including:
- Developing research questions
- Developing recruitment plans
- Reviewing study assessments or procedures
- Discussing ethical considerations around your research
- Providing different perspectives into the data interpretation; and/or
- Considering non-traditional dissemination methods.