Services for Researchers
Training and technical assistance workshops -- Learn to engage the community in your research though:
- Community-Based Participatory Research workshops at USC’s University Park and Health Sciences campuses, and at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- “learn the basics” and “refresher” courses.
- individual consultations as needed.
One-on-one consultations for faculty members -- Learn to develop and progress a research idea through:
- initial project needs assessment.
- research design and recruitment advice.
- community partnership development recommendations.
- proposal-writing guidance.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) navigation and referral assistance.
- Referrals to other CTSI service offerings.
Faculty matchmaking services -- We can help you find community collaborators based on your needs and their expertise, including:
- community organizations, such as clinics, advocacy groups, schools, faith-based organizations or agencies, through our Community Liaison.
- mental health partners through our Research Navigator at the LA County Department of Mental Health.
- other physicians and other medical personnel through our Research Navigators at Kaiser Permanente and the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County.
- other areas, such as our CTSI priorities of cancer, cardiothoracic conditions, HIV, diabetes/obesity and neuroscience, through the CTSI Office of Community Engagement program assistant.