- About Home
- About SC CTSI
- Core Groups
- Our Partners
- Job Opportunities
Join our team as the Evaluation Improvement (EI) Research Analyst!
We are recruiting a qualified professional to support our team as the Evaluation Improvement (EI) Research Analyst!
The Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) is a $60M academic-community enterprise with an NIH grant through June 2020 to support, promote and accelerate scientific discoveries and their application in real-life settings to improve human and community health.
Evaluation & Improvement (EI) activities are an important component of SC CTSI and program assessment. A major area of emphasis is obtaining, analyzing, and integrating data to enable increased strategic focus for the Institute. EI efforts will support decision making within the SC CTSI and as well as identify areas of success and challenges to share across the national network. The EI Research Analyst will support EI activities institute wide.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The EI Research Analyst will assist the EI Staff in providing programmatic evaluation and improvement support to individual programs including collection of identified metrics, developing evaluation plans, and assisting with report development; coordinate the completion of the annual review and goal planning process for the SC CTSI; communicate plans and timeline to programs; facilitate data capture and electronic tracking of program success; provide analysis of program data; manage progress and outcomes reporting; support scientific research using program data and prepare results for publication; coordinate administrative tasks necessary to accomplish evaluation and tracking activities for SC CTSI.
- Analytical: Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated experience in: development of data collection tools as determined by project need; proven data management skills, experience with quantitative and qualitative analytical tools; experience coordinating and completing scientific research projects, and assessment and implementation of best approaches to compile, analyze and present data (e.g. Data Visualization)
- Communication: Excellent communication skills as evidenced by preparation of oral and written materials including presentations, proposals, reports, and memoranda both technical and confidential in nature are required.
- Organizational: Exceptionally well-organized with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple assignments and responsibilities; Experience maintaining well-organized, easily accessible program shared files
- Time and Resource Management: Demonstrated experience completion of multiple projects and priorities within assigned timeframe and under pressure of deadlines
- Quality of Work: Must have close attention to detail and meticulously prepare assigned reports, plans, and other deliverables within assigned timeframe
50% Coordinate EI data collection to fulfill program evaluation requirements and assist with the EI /CTSA research agenda
- Coordinate EI data collection and management
- Use advanced analytical skills to analyze data
- Assist with planning, analyzing and preparing program evaluation research projects for the SC CTSI Director’s Team
- Implements systems to share programs’ progress to increase accountability and a shared sense of accomplishment
- Assist with scientific research of CTSA data, assist senior EI staff to design and carry out research projects, analyze results, prepare publications
30% Coordinate EI projects by ensuring timelines are met and resources are deployed appropriately through the use of project management tools and methodologies
- Coordinates with program staff in achieving goals through communications and coordination
- Develops presentations, reports, templates and e-mails for purposes of providing updates and communications to team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership
20% Manage Annual Review and Goal Planning:
- Coordinates annual program planning and reviews to support a data-driven, performance-based review and budget allocation process
- Coordinates the submission of the Annual Progress Report (APR) for the NIH
- Develops summary reports of program progress against metrics
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Graduate level health or social science background (e.g., public health, sociology, psychology, anthropology) or equivalent experience in relevant quantitative or qualitative research environment
- Experience in academic settings; knowledge of USC administrative operating procedures and relevant USC policy.
- Familiarity with the National Institutes of Health granting mechanisms and specifically with the Clinical and Translational Science Awards program.
- Advanced analytical skills to evaluate, analyze and report on evaluation data; SPSS experience preferred.
- Advanced scientific research skills to conceptualize, carry out and present findings for scientific research into CTSA programs
- Experience with collection and organization of large data sets using Excel and other data management software
- SQL experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or coordinating data-driven evaluation or research projects
- Experience with planning, evaluation and tracking at a comparable organization, ideally in academia or in the biomedical arena
- Experience with one or more planning and evaluation approaches, such as Results Based Accountability
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment, ensuring focus while maintaining flexible, open attitude to opportunities for improvement or change
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To learn more, please contact:
SC CTSI Human Resources