- About Home
- About SC CTSI
- Core Groups
- Our Partners
- Job Opportunities
Join our team as the Integration Analyst!
We are recruiting a qualified professional to support our team as the Integration Analyst!
The Southern Clinical Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) is a research organization at the University of Southern California (USC) and Children’s’ Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Our mission is to support, promote and accelerate scientific discoveries and their application in real-life settings to improve health in diverse populations. SC CTSI develops and provides resources, services, trainings and tools in support of researchers, academic leadership and partners that collaborate to achieve this exciting mission.
The Clinical Research Informatics (CRI) team at SC CTS is devoted to driving the advancement of clinical and research data. The team is led by Dr. Daniella Meeker, an expert in the application of information technology to the biomedical sciences. She has led the development of best practices in the design, implementation, and use of collaborative data networks. Her interdisciplinary research is focused on distributed architectures for data management, program evaluation, and applied health and behavioral economics.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Integration Analyst will play an integral role focused on Implementation and Support of software, systems and data integration. Acts as a subject matter expert in the development of data application design specifications based on analysis/assessment of USC researcher needs. Participate in the development, testing, and installation of new software applications, and enhances functionality of existing applications.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, installs, documents and maintains moderately complex Data warehouse applications
• Validate and transform data extracted from structured and unstructured data inputs, databases, and other repositories, using ETL tools like Oracle Data Integrator or Informatica and other tools to automate data acquisition processes, logs monitoring, and queries, as required. Demonstrate in-depth understanding of fundamentals of requirement/specifications analysis, Oracle database technologies, ETL programming, and data warehousing concepts
• Produces the required analysis and application design, either individually or by actively participating in development process. Responsible for creating and maintaining data maps, design specification documents, technical requirements documents (TRDs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in accordance with internal and external standards
• Collaborate with BI developers, DBA, researchers, and IT in enhancing existing projects or data structures, and resolving project and programming issues. Supporting database issues for development team.
• Act as a subject matter expert for data integration into the EDW and other systems under SC-CTSI.
25% Produces the required analysis and application design, either individually or by actively participating in development process. Produces design specification documents that include Metadata capture, ETL Job workflow with data quality validation & Error handling mechanism including data load rollback.
25% Translates designs to ETL programs in ELT or other ETL tools, tests, debugs, installs, documents and maintains moderately complex Data warehouse applications. 15% Develops test data and routines required to test and revise application(s). Ensures application(s) is thoroughly tested before release. Writes reports of test results.
15% Detects, defines and debugs programs whenever problems are reported or encountered
10% Prepares developer and end-user documentation for other programmers and users in accordance with internal and external standards
5% Trains programmers as required & Supports DBA/Integration functions on a backup/cross-training basis. Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars
5% Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
• 3 years Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
• 3 years’ experience ETL programming tools like Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica Power Center, IBM Infosphere Data Stage.
• Experience working with large data sets, preferably in the fields of population health analytics or epidemiology
• Extensive experience in Testing, Debugging ETL programs to resolve issues.
• Extensive experience with SQL programming
• Experience and understanding data modeling and data profiling tools
• Understanding of Oracle Enterprise Health Analytics, Oracle Healthcare data warehouse foundation and related components
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to communicate and translate technical workflows for multiple levels of the organization
To learn more, please contact:
SC CTSI Human Resources