- About Home
- About SC CTSI
- Core Groups
- Our Partners
- Job Opportunities
Join our team as the Research Ambassador!
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The Southern Clinical Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) is a research organization at the University of Southern California (USC) and Children’s’ Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Our mission is to support, promote and accelerate scientific discoveries and their application in real-life settings to improve health in diverse populations. SC CTSI develops and provides resources, services, trainings and tools in support of researchers, academic leadership and partners that collaborate to achieve this exciting mission.
The Research Ambassador will join the Community Engagement team in supporting research awareness and outreach within the local community. A major area of emphasis is supporting new programs to create awareness about research among community residents in the Los Angeles area.
40% Schedule and conduct workshop exercises, classes or structured activities based on stated learning objectives. Facilitate group discussions.
20% Develop and maintain training manuals, materials and related documentation. Determine design and format.
10% Conduct training needs assessment, using formal surveys, to tailor to instructor objectives or to set future workshop topics. Identify new topics to be covered in training sessions.
10% Determine locations of neighborhoods to conduct workshops and outreach.
5% Participate in the development of plans, procedures and programs to meet specific training needs and issues.
5% Communicate training needs to supervisors. Recommend, develop and implement modifications as necessary to ensure achievement of training goals and objectives.
5% Participate in the development and implementation of internal training procedures.
5% Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
• High school diploma/GED or combination of education and experience accepted, legal permission to work in USA.
• 2 years of experience working as a promotor (including unpaid volunteer service) with the public performing duties such as facilitating education classes, leading group discussions, and providing information about health and social services to community residents.
• Valid CA Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize alternate method of transportation to carry out job-related essential functions.
• Comfortable speaking, reading and writing in English and Spanish is required.
• Knowledge of community resources (in South and Metro Los Angeles) to improve health and wellness is desirable.
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To learn more, please contact:
SC CTSI Human Resources