- Online collaboration: Scientists and the social network, by Van Noorden R
Online Search Marketing
- "Am I Having A Stroke?" Connecting Physicians With Online Information Seekers To Prevent Disease: Interview with Anthony Kim, MD, by Reuter K
- Who are the science stars of Twitter?, by You J
- The Kardashian index: a measure of discrepant social media profile for scientists, by Hall N
- The role of Twitter in the life cycle of a scientific publication, by Darling ES et al.
- 10 Women Scientists You Should Follow on Twitter, by Manaster J
- Value all research products, by Heather Piwowar
- Research impact: Altmetrics make their mark, by Kwok R
- Scientific publishing and a digital future (podcast)
- Scientists across disciplines must get to a better agreement on social media metrics, by Wing K
- What is impact?, by Iain H
- Assessing research impact at the article level, by O'Neill C
Will I get a certificate after completing this workshop?
Upon request, participants who complete individual workshops or the entire series will receive a certificate signed by Jonathan M. Samet, MD, MS, Distinguished Professor and Flora L. Thornton Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Director, USC Institute for Global Health, Director of the SC CTSI Education, Career Development, and Ethics program, and lead instructor Katja Reuter, PhD, director of Digital Strategy and the eHome program at SC CTSI.
What resources will I need for this workshop?
Please bring your computer and your phone. You will need Internet access.
What tools will we be using in this workshop?
We will introduce several web-based approaches to scholarship including social media tools.