About this Resource
This Spanish-language video is addressed to researchers developing community-engaged health interventions involving promotoras - community members trained to serve as health educators and service navigators. It demonstrates how videos can be an additional training aid for promotoras who are being introduced to techniques in clinical research and evidence-based interventions. Lecturers focus on concepts in the first session of "Su Corazon, Su Vida," a heart-health educational curriculum tailored to Latinos, and review step-by-step research protocol and data collection tools that are integral to evidence-based promotora programs.
- Su Corazón, Su Vida: Session 1
- Materials and Preparation
- Pretest for Session 1
- Data Collection and Coding for Promotoras
- Heart-health Education for Promotoras
- Will I receive a Certificate of Completion after completing this course? No.
- Do I need to be a K Scholar to take this course? No. In addition to K Scholars, this course is open to faculty, clinicians, community health workers, fellows, post-docs, TL1 and F trainees, as well as medical, OT/PT, pharmacy and other students who intend to conduct community-engaged health intervention research.