Join our team as the Clinical Research Coordinator!
The SC CTSI centralized Clinical Research Support (CRS) Office at USC supports research teams conducting Spanish-speaking non-cancer clinical studies. The CRS Clinical Research Coordinator will join a team of coordinators, serving clinical researchers across USC schools. This role will have the opportunity to work on studies of varying disease types and provide a range of study-related services, ranging from regulatory document preparation, participant recruitment, data collection, and study monitoring. Assist investigators or other staff with aspects of sponsor initiated and investigator-initiated research studies.
- Assists with organizing and scheduling assessments/tests/activities to meet research objectives and study protocol compliance. Communicates with study team personnel to ensure study procedures are followed and research is performed as described in protocol. Serves as contact for subjects, study personnel, Institutional Review Board (IRB) and study sponsor.
- Participates in assessing patient eligibility. Assists in coordinating study participant activities including recruitment, screening, orientation and correspondence. Schedules subject appointments, tests, and procedures coordinating with external providers as needed. Produces reports and other materials, as directed.
- Assists with data collection for research studies following established data collection and management procedures. Collects, records, enters and prepares data for analysis. Performs preliminary study analysis under the direction of the Principal Investigator or senior coordinators. Collects pertinent information from study participants through interviews, administration of tests or surveys or questionnaires, medical records review, or other collection procedures.
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely records, including source documents, consent forms, case report forms, protocol documents, and regulatory documents, as required by sponsor and institutional guidelines.
- Assists in organization and preparation of grant proposals. Gathers documentation such as annual reports and detailed budgets for inclusion in proposal. Assists investigators in developing research proposals. Interfaces with funding and regulatory agencies to exchange information.
- Assists with submission of timely, accurate, and complete study continuing review, amendments, and reportable events to IRB.
- Ensures consent process is performed and documented in compliance with FDA, GCP, IRB, HIPAA, SOPs, sponsor and institutional regulations and policies.
- Provides ongoing education to study subjects about clinical trials and provides significant new information that may affect a subject’s willingness to participate in a study, when needed. Evaluates subject compliance and promotes compliance through education.
- Assists in the preparation of site for monitor visit and external/internal audits. Provides timely response to queries from sponsor and/or auditors.
- Collaborates with pharmacist or materials management personnel to maintain accurate accountability of investigational products and specimens.
- Assists with sample collection, processing and shipment for each study.
- Updates automated databases and other records for reporting and compliance purposes. Generates reports and analysis of data according to project schedules or on an ad hoc basis.
- Assists by arranging and attending meetings, seminars, symposia and other events related to project efforts. Participates in educational opportunities to increase knowledge about clinical trials and regulations. Remains current with federal, state, and institutional regulations and best practices.
- Orders supplies and equipment. Researches and develops recommendations for new equipment purchases.
- Completes Research Order Form (ROF) for each subject visit and submits subject enrollment documentation as required
- Train other/new research coordinators as applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and institutional research regulations as well as Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and HIPPA regulations.
- Bilingual Spanish/English Skill Level: Fluent or Advance
- Proficient with MS Office applications. Demonstrated effective communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of medical environment and terminology.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience in an Academic Setting is a plus.
To apply, contact Nicki Karimipour at firstname.lastname@example.org