Support for digital projects with a clear focus on digital communication to assist investigators with clinical and community research projects. This may include but is not limited to: phone texting applications to help facilitate data collection or study participant recruitment by doing X or Y, website and blog development, implementation of measurement tools such as Google Analytics or ClickMeter, social media applications, related content development.
Benefit for users
This service helps research teams to develop, implement and use digital methodologies to benefit their research. Hiring and managing a technology group or developer is costly and typically not feasible for most investigators. This service addresses this need. PIs and research teams can leverage the service to strengthen their proposals by incorporating the development of digital projects and showcasing that they have access to the required research environment and resources to implement the proposed digital aspects and technology project.
The service is provided in the form of a consultation with an option to purchase additional services on a recharge basis. Investigators may be eligible for multiple categories of discount; maximum number of free hours per investigator per year is 15 hours.
Recharge rates: $125/hour after initial consultation * Free 1-hour initial consultation is included
- Initial Consultation: (up to 1 hour): Free for any project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- SC CTSI Pilot Funding Awardees: (up to 2 hours*): Any SC CTSI Pilot Funding Awardee can receive up to 2 hours free for work related to the funded project.
- Junior Investigators: (up to 5 hours*): Junior Investigators, as defined by NIH and/or in an Assistant professor classification may receive up to 5 free hours of support per project.
- K Awardees: (up to 15 hours annually*): All K awardees may receive up to 15 hours free in total annually for their K – related project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- T Scholars: (up to 15 hours annually*): All T scholars may receive up to 15 hours free in total annually for their T – related project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.