Provides customized assistance with digital content development to highlight research efforts, strategies for disseminating research online, selecting the most suitable digital platforms, and research impact outcome measurement.
Today more than ever, researchers have to make their publications and other research outputs such as datasets, software code, images, stand out from the stack of published work. They need to deliver and communicate their results to a variety of different stakeholders, such as their colleagues, funding agencies, politicians, the media, and the public. Additionally, funders place greater emphasis of dissemination efforts beyond presentations at scientific meetings. This service helps researchers to achieve that aiming for broad reach while taking into account citation and digital copyright practices and issues.
Receive advice and implementation support on distributing your research outcomes and building your reputation as a researcher digitally, tailored to your research goals.
The service is provided in the form of a consultation with an option to purchase additional services on a recharge basis. Investigators may be eligible for multiple categories of discount; maximum number of free hours per investigator per year is 15 hours.
Recharge rates: $75/hour after initial consultation * Free 1-hour initial consultation is included
- Initial Consultation: (up to 1 hour): Free for any project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- SC CTSI Pilot Funding Awardees: (up to 2 hours*): Any SC CTSI Pilot Funding Awardee can receive up to 2 hours free for work related to the funded project.
- Junior Investigators: (up to 5 hours*): Junior Investigators, as defined by NIH and/or in an Assistant professor classification may receive up to 5 free hours of support per project.
- K Awardees: (up to 15 hours annually*): All K awardees may receive up to 15 hours free in total annually for their K – related project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- T Scholars: (up to 15 hours annually*): All T scholars may receive up to 15 hours free in total annually for their T – related project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.