Digital technologies are shaping the way experiments are performed, results captured, and findings disseminated. We will explore what electronic Laboratory Notebooks (eLNs) afford biomedical researchers, what they require, and how one should go about implementing such a tool.
Using electronic Laboratory Notebooks in the academic life sciences: a group leader's experience on how they can make research teams more efficient
Ulrich Dirnagl, MD, Director, Department of Experimental Neurology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany, and Founding Director, QUEST, Center for Transforming Biomedical Research, Berlin, Germany
- Describe the potential and strengths of using electronic Laboratory Notebook (eLN) solutions
- Identify different types of eLNs
- Describe basic features of eLN and how they are used
- Describe potential weaknesses of using eLNs and how to address them
- A pocket guide to electronic laboratory notebooks in the academic life sciences