The SC CTSI team assists investigators with writing grant sections and publications related to biostatistics, study design and epidemiology. This may include but is not limited to:
- drafting statistical methods
- drafting power and sample size sections
- responding to reviewers
- drafting statistical results
The SC CTSI team supports efficient and accurate analysis and reporting that are appropriate to the study design and research question.
The service is provided in the form of a consultation with an option to purchase additional services on a recharge basis. Investigators may be eligible for multiple categories of discount; maximum number of free hours per investigator per year is 15 hours.
Recharge rates: $125/hour after initial consultation
* Free 1-hour initial consultation is included
- Initial Consultation: (up to 1 hour): Free for any project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- SC CTSI Pilot Funding Awardees: (up to 2 hours*): Any SC CTSI Pilot Funding Awardee can receive up to 2 hours free for work related to the funded project.
- Junior Investigators: (up to 5 hours*): Junior Investigators, as defined by NIH and/or in an Assistant professor classification may receive up to 5 free hours of support per project.
- K Awardees: (up to 15 hours annually*): All K awardees may receive up to 15 hours free in total annually for their K – related project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- T Scholars: (up to 15 hours annually*): All T scholars may receive up to 15 hours free in total annually for their T – related project based at USC, CHLA and affiliated SC CTSI institutions.
- Extramural Grant Planning: (up to 3 hours*): Researchers seeking support in the preparation of grants for submission within 6 months, may receive up to 3 free hours of services in support of the grant application. This includes consultation on issues related to:
- Study/experimental design
- Power/sample size
- Randomization schema
- Statistical analysis plan
- Analysis/Interpretation of results
- Data acquisition plan
- Data cleaning and management
- Data sharing plan
- PM516 Volunteers: (up to 5 hours* outside of class): Maximum of four PM516 Volunteers annually may receive up to 5 free hours each of services in support of the project volunteered to the class (in addition to student/class time).