Manage Your Data With REDCap
REDCap is a free, secure, web-based application designed for rapidly developing databases and surveys for research studies.
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a free, secure, web-based application designed for rapidly developing databases and surveys for research studies. REDCap is designed to comply with HIPAA regulations.
The tool also provides useful functionality for informaticists, e.g., improved data transfer service (DTS) that allows data imports from external systems such as an electronic data warehouse.
Advantages of REDCap
- Input data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication, data logging, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- Optimized for longitudinal, prospective and/or retrospective studies and multicenter clinical trials
- Provides web-based case report forms, real-time data entry validation (e.g., for data types, range checks), audit trails, and the ability to set up a calendar to schedule and track critical study events such as blood-draws, participant visits
- Multi-site access: Projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions
- Advanced question features: Auto-validation, branching logic, and stop actions
- Automated "approval" when modifying a project in production
- Improved editing capabilities for defining events and designating instruments
- Export survey results to common data analysis packages. Export your data to Microsoft Excel, SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS for analysis
Click here to view the FAQs for information about obtaining IRB approval for data requests, i2b2, and other informatics questions BEFORE sending an email for help.
Acknowledgement: The system was developed by a multi-institutional consortium initiated at Vanderbilt University. It is currently being used across the nation on a broad spectrum of research studies.