About the tool
Log in to REDCap
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a free, secure, web-based application designed for rapidly developing databases and surveys for research studies. Research groups can take a database or survey concept to production level in less than one day. REDCap is designed to comply with HIPAA regulations. It is not 21 CFR Part 11 compliant.
The system was developed by a multi-institutional consortium initiated at Vanderbilt University. It is currently being used across the nation on a broad spectrum of research studies.
Advantages of REDCap
- Input data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication, data logging, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- Optimized for longitudinal, prospective and/or retrospective studies and multicenter clinical trials
- Provides web-based case report forms, real-time data entry validation (e.g., for data types, range checks), audit trails, and the ability to set up a calendar to schedule and track critical study events such as blood-draws, participant visits
- Multi-site access: Projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions
- Advanced question features: Auto-validation, branching logic, and stop actions
- Automated "approval" when modifying a project in production
- Improved editing capabilities for defining events and designating instruments
- Export survey results to common data analysis packages. Export your data to Microsoft Excel, SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS for analysis
For help retrieving your USC username and login, or to obtain a new account, please see the login help page.
Free online training videos
View a range of videos on the REDCap website.
SC CTSI-sponsored Training
If you are interested in being notified of SC CTSI-sponsored REDCap training opportunities, please sign up for the SC CTSI listserv by entering your email address below:
To cite REDCap in grants and publications, please use this citation text.