Announcing New Course
Introduction to Clinical & Translational Research Study Design.
An inaugural course presented by the Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Departments of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery and Preventive Medicine and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- To provide a foundation in key components of design of clinical and translational research.
- To facilitate the development of students’ research protocols in preparation for foundation grant applications.
- To improve the critical evaluation of medical research to guide quality improvement and patient safety efforts.
- This course is designed for residents, fellows, and junior faculty members as a practical introduction to clinical research methods.
- Applicants must identify a research topic and faculty advisor prior to the start of the course.
- Tuition: $200 (includes course textbook)
- Enrollment is limited to the first 80 accepted applications.
- This 8-week course will meet Thursdays, 9am - 12pm, from Aug 7, 2014 - Sep 25, 2014.
- Lectures start at 9am, followed by small group breakout sessions at 10:30am.
- Location: Norris Research Tower LG 503/4, USC Health Sciences Campus.
- Lectures will be available via live webinar at CHLA (Room TBA).
By the end of the course, you will have written a complete research protocol!
Questions? Contact the course co-directors
Eric J. Kezirian, MD and Cecilia M. Patino-Sutton, MD, MEd, PhD at email@example.com or 323-442-8281.
Registration information coming soon. Subscribe to our list for updates