Improving Heart Health Among The Latino Community In Los Angeles Using The Promotora Model
Join the SC CTSI community forum on Sep 12 to discuss an exemplary project of community-engaged research.
You will learn about:
- Promotora Training (In-person and via Webinar)
- Community Outreach
- Promotoras as Partners in Research
- The Role of Technology and Social Media
- Lessons Learned
Date and Time:
- Thursday, September 12, 2013
- 8:30 – 12:30 PM
- Braille Institute
- 741 N. Vermont Ave. Los Angeles
- Parking: Free parking available behind the building on New Hampshire Ave.
For RSVP and questions: Email Mayra Rubio-Diaz, Administrative Assistant, Community Engagement, SC CTSI
The project received funds from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to support activities that aim to promote heart health among underserved and minority populations.
Event is presented by: Vision y Compromiso, Dr. Lourdes Baezconde-Garbanati, USC Keck School of Medicine, and the Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI)